The overall responsibility of a Customer Service Representative is to liaise between customers and the company and assist with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancellations, and other queries. The role will be analytical and problem solving skills are needed to be able to discern a clear and accurate understanding of the information given. The role must ensure the accuracy of all data and other related information. Your detailed duties and responsibilities will be discussed by your Team Leader.
- Provide professional and efficient customer service as guided by the defined process and procedures.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through issue resolution.
- Understand customers’ needs by actively listening and asking the right probing questions.
- Manage customer accounts.
- Address billing issues and concerns.
- Attend to payment concerns.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalations of unresolved issues.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Update job knowledge by participating in training opportunities and reading job aids and updates.
- At least a year of experience in providing customer support over the phone, preferably for a Telco account
- Ability to probe effectively and diagnose root cause of problems or issues
- Excellent customer service and active listening skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills, especially word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Experience in using a CRM
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly